Smoke detected at Sobeys store in St. John's, fire department on scene

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Staff and customers at Sobeys on Torbay Road in St. John’s this morning were evacuated from the building after smoke was detected.

The St. John's Regional Fire Department was called to Sobeys on Torbay Road in St. John's this morning after smoke was detected. — Photo by Joe Gibbons/The Telegram

The St. John’s Regional Fire Department is on the scene, with firefighters on the roof, as the source of the fire is believed to be coming from the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system.

The store will be closed temporarily until fire crews complete their investigation and work.

Organizations: Sobeys, Regional Fire Department

Geographic location: St. John's

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page