Former Labrador RCMP officer arrested

Albert Michelin facing drug trafficking charges

Albert Michelin arrested

According to an RCMP press release, former Labrador RCMP officer Albert Michelin has been arrested for drug trafficking.

"On November 29, 2013, 50-year-old Cst. Albert Michelin was arrested following an investigation conducted by the RCMP Federal Operations Unit in Nova Scotia, which began in January 2013. On the morning of December 2, 2013, Michelin was charged with one count of trafficking cocaine and two counts of possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking. Michelin is scheduled to appear in Moncton Provincial Court on December 2, 2013, at 1:30 p.m., for a bail hearing.

Michelin has been suspended from duty, with pay, since early 2012 due to unrelated code of conduct investigations.

Prior to his suspension, Michelin had been stationed as a constable on the Tobique First Nation since 2010."

Before being stationed in New Brunswick, Michelin spent 18 years as an officer in Labrador.

Michelin is also part owner of Big Land Aviation, a company that provides chartered flights in Labrador.

Organizations: RCMP press, RCMP Federal Operations Unit, Tobique First Nation

Geographic location: Nova Scotia, Labrador, New Brunswick

Comments

Comments

• mark dyson
    December 04, 2013 - 06:13

about time they show the corruption of officers in labrador, like the name of the movie above the law.

• MG
    December 03, 2013 - 12:17

I think everyone should be taking note of the following: -Presumed INNOCENT until proven GUILTY -We do not have or know all the facts -No information given about the other incident that led to his suspension Why do people feel the need to so forth right with their opinions and ideas. I am fully apposed to drug dealers but without knowing all the facts I would never make a judgement call on what he/she deserves and what should be done to them. There is alot of people out there that I would not want to be on a jury if I or someone I knew was on trial for something. People can be very judgemental and opinionated whenhey really should be waiting to see what is what. I do not know who this individual is and I am fully against drug dealers, so just that anyone reading this comment knows there is not a personel motive or attachment behind my views.

• charles warren
    December 02, 2013 - 21:39

he is lucky he got caught now he will get a nice desk job and not have to go out and freeze his but off.

• Whaaat
    December 02, 2013 - 21:17

Why is this scum still being paid? I as a taxpayer want it revoked NOW ...

• Gabby55
    December 02, 2013 - 21:03

I see, so we just toss "Presumption of innocence", the basics of our laws, out of the window? Is it because the accused is a police officer? Or is it because he's accused of selling drugs?

• Bernie
    December 02, 2013 - 18:46

Don't worry, His problems will be blamed on the white man.

• Darrell
      December 04, 2013 - 12:27

Best response yet and so true.

• sis smith
    December 02, 2013 - 17:23

I think anybody that gets caught selling cocaine should get 15 years in jail. until the law does something to turn people away from selling it, it will always be a issue. Here is suppose to be someone you would look up to or tell your kids to look up to these people. When all they are doing is out there getting some kids addicted so he can pocket more money. Shame on you or anyone else out there doing it. I beg the court to change the law and save our children from these people.

• bettypoole
    December 02, 2013 - 16:18

finally another drug pusher of the street, if we can't trust one of our own where do we turn, and getting paid something wrong there

• sis smith
      December 02, 2013 - 17:24

• sis smith
      December 02, 2013 - 17:25

• Wtf
    December 02, 2013 - 16:12

I'm surprised there is not more cops doin this!! I mean who wouldent want time off work with pay!!! Lol ffs stupid gov!!! At least we know where are tax dollars are goin!

• juanita
    December 02, 2013 - 16:03

Why is he still getting paid & I suppose all his benefit's why isn't he been treated like some one else that get's picked up for drug trafficking he is no more than ur or my son / daughter

• saelcove
    December 02, 2013 - 14:51

Why is this drug pusher getting paid since 2012 am i missing something

• Gabby55
      December 03, 2013 - 09:01

You're missing the fact that the suspension with pay is not related to these charges.

• Gabby55
      December 03, 2013 - 09:35

• saelcove
    December 02, 2013 - 14:46

why are they still paying a drug pusher

• pottie