© Krysta Carroll photo
Grand Falls-Windsor Fire Department made quick work of a fire that took place on Hill Road in the community late Thursday morning.
The Grand Falls-Windsor Fire Department and Grand Falls-Windsor RCMP responded to a fire call that came in shortly after 11 a.m. this morning.
The fire department was on the scene with the RCMP arrived, Constable John Nash told the Advertiser from the scene at 2 Hill Road in Grand Falls-Windsor.
“(It) looks like the fire started from the van,” Const. Nash said. “There was a guy from a carpet cleaning company doing some work on the house and it appears that his machine that he was using to clean the carpet overheated, he tried to make repairs to it in the van, and it caught his van on fire.”
The van, which was parked just outside the house, totally engulfed and the flames spread up the side of the home.
It all happened pretty quickly, Const. Nash said.
“I was talking to the owner of the carpet cleaning company and he said it happened within seconds,” Const Nash said. “The vehicle was fully engulfed within about 30 seconds.”
Fire department made quick work of the flames.
The extent of damage to the home is not yet known.
The Advertiser will have more information as it becomes available.